[Tinycc-devel] TCC as default compiler

From: stephen Turner
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] TCC as default compiler
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 01:19:55 -0500

I have found tcc and wondered how viable it is as a alternative to gcc and clang/llvm for my uses. I checked the website but it appears to have been dead for several years.

Does it use makefiles?
can it be a simple drop in replacement for GCC (atleast for c if not c++ too)

i have done a few quick serches but it seems either information is not readily available or im not asking the right questions.

I see the git has recent development unlike the website. I was hoping once built, tcc could be set as the compiler by a simple CC=tcc and then one could compile code same as with gcc by ./configure make and make install.

>From what i have read so far its only a c compiler? Or is it being built out to support c++ as well?

thanks for your time and advice/answers
stephen