Re: [Tinycc-devel] Any interest in #pragma(lib) and CGI extensions?

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Any interest in #pragma(lib) and CGI extensions?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 05:42:12 +0300

> Maybe, although I primarily use tcc with Linux. I had envisioned it as a TCC
> extension, rather than a MS-only or Linux-only extension.

-fms-extensions is an option to switch on a ms-extensions to the C
language. It can be used on LInux w/o problems.

> If I were to push a patch to mob, I would include a configure switch so the
> end user could select any extension they wanted.

Please, no configure switch. A some runtime switch is needed.  A gcc
option for thise is
-x language. tcc must behave like gcc. With -x option any file
extension can be used.
>From a gcc docs:

You can specify the input language explicitly with the -x option:
-x language
    Specify explicitly the language for the following input files
(rather than letting the compiler choose a default based on the file
name suffix). This option applies to all following input files until
the next -x option. Possible values for language are:

    c  c-header  c-cpp-output
    c++  c++-header  c++-cpp-output
    objective-c  objective-c-header  objective-c-cpp-output
    objective-c++ objective-c++-header objective-c++-cpp-output
    assembler  assembler-with-cpp
    ada
    f77  f77-cpp-input f95  f95-cpp-input
    java

-x none
    Turn off any specification of a language, so that subsequent files
are handled according to their file name suffixes (as they are if -x
has not been used at all)