Re: [Tinycc-devel] pp bug

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] pp bug
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 07:49:37 +0000

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 1:07 PM, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
> Pip Cet wrote:
>>
>> I'm still working on this, for what it's worth. I'm not quite there
>> yet, but here's the current diff, and a few more CPP tests. Right now
>> it shouldn't be too hard to break the new code, but if you just happen
>> to do so please let me know how so I can put it on my list.
>

> Hi,
> I've managed to fix some of the issues, partially based on old
> patches of mine, partially on your ideas/researches:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/30df3189b177c65d65094bed3a066a2722fe2dc0

That looks excellent!

> VA_ARGS is as before though (i.e. seems to work but not if
> you try to trick it.).
> Also no "auto" spaces (which I think tinycc can live without).

I agree, for what it's worth. You appear to have solved the relevant
issues perfectly well without them, and also the other issue that kept
me from committing, the unget buffer hack. I'm very impressed with
your code, I must say. I think we can live with the VA_ARGS weirdness,
since it's hard even to ascertain what the right behaviour would be,
at this point.