Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC REPL

From: Joey Payne
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC REPL
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 20:37:27 -0600

Thanks for replying, Sergey.

So you're saying that I shouldn't ever worry about time? I knew tcc was fast, but I didn't know how fast :)

Can you add clarification to why you added "#include <tcclib.h>" to the start of the compiled string? Is this necessary?

Thanks,
Joey

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:26 PM, Sergey Korshunoff <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Joey
> I was wondering if there was a way to implement a REPL without having to recompile a long > string of code every time using tcc_compile_string

tcc compile a linux 2.4.26 in 8 seconds:
37897 idents, 6674784 lines, 194464580 bytes, 8.269 s, 807168 lines/s, 23.5 MB/s
mem_max_size= 9587234 bytes

A no so big program will be recompiled in 1 sec. A modified version of
your program is attached.