Re: [Tinycc-devel] modern c++ compiler written in C

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] modern c++ compiler written in C
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 05:25:48 +0300

Hi!
>> P.S. except for the fun, who really cares about C++ that old?
> c++ standard is currently evolving *fast*

Yes. Currently it is hard to compile and install g++ 2.95 on modern
distro (require old glibc for C++ stuff). If I write some my
application with that g++ and then want to start it using today, a
plenty of work is needed to rewrite that application. There is no such
thing as LTS gcc versions from FSF.

Solution? May be a small c++ compiler (cfront-1 .. cfront-3) which can
be considered
LTS version. Often this one is enough.