Re: [Tinycc-devel] OT (Re: modern c++ compiler written in C)

From: u-tcc-uepj
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] OT (Re: modern c++ compiler written in C)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 10:19:50 +0200

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 07:00:31AM +0300, Sergey Korshunoff wrote:
> > We know (modulo my laziness to express the knowhow in a "traditional"
> > notation) how to get a well working cfront-3.0.
>
> There is a problem with build system (makefiles defines) which are not
> friendly.

Attaching the description which should be sufficient to build 3.0.3.

> > An easier but much less certain way would be to try to talk to someone at
> > AT&T - this would be certainly a lot more efficient, _if_ it could work.
> Easiest way to start this process is to place cfront project on the
> github (for example).

Sounds reasonable.

Go ahead and let's see what AT&T says to github (especially if you
do not prominently state "computer history research" in the README,
I guess you will want to).

May be then I'd be motivated to write down the library compilation part
too :)

> Some attention of the press to this problem may help.

Indeed.

Tell us if you manage to compile cfront with tcc and/or use tcc as
its C back-end.

Rune