Re: [Tinycc-devel] No lazy PLTGOT relocation for TinyCC generated execut

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] No lazy PLTGOT relocation for TinyCC generated executables
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 08:46:02 +0800

On May 18, 2015 11:17:35 PM GMT+08:00, Sergey Korshunoff <address@hidden> wrote:
> > tries comparing the output of readelf -a for an hello world program
> but there are too many
> > differences and I didn't spot anything obvious
>
> there is no .got.plt section in the tcc generated exe. gcc don't
> generate this section if bind_now. no (FLAGS attribute too.

Doh, indeed. How could I miss that? Actually I know, the diff was basically all
deletions followed by all additions so I focused on common sections.

Anyway both sections (.got and .got.plt) have same access rights (WA) and the
names shouldn't matter so does glibc changes it's behaviour if there is more
than one section with (dynamic) relocations? Or does it check if a section is
full of JUMP_SLOT only?

I'll enable lazy relocation as part of the refactoring I'm doing as it's easier
but will try to do an intermediary push as soon as I do it rather than wait to
complete all the refactoring.

Cheers,

Thomas.