Re: [Tinycc-devel] support for OOP in C

From: u-tcc-uepj
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] support for OOP in C
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 17:06:28 +0200

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 09:38:04AM -0400, Chris Marshall wrote:
> I'm new to the tcc-devel list but the thread last month at
>
>   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2015-06/msg00002.html

> The basis for this capability would bea C level OOP such as
> the one discussed in the abovethread.  The good news is
> that the author of the OOP in C book has implemented a
> couple of iterations in his studies.  The latest is COS (the
> C Object System) which is documented as the replacement
> for all the previous implementations.

I am not sure that I can follow your description.

The author of the book which is mentioned in the message
 http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2015-06/msg00002.html
(http://www.cs.rit.edu/~ats/books/ooc.pdf)

is Axel-Tobias Schreiner, while the author of the tools
described in

>   http://ldeniau.web.cern.ch/ldeniau/cos.html
>   https://github.com/CObjectSystem/COS

which you refer to

is Laurent Deniau.

I guess the similar naming of certain parts of these projects
causes some confusion.

Rune