Re: [Tinycc-devel] build perl5 with tcc?

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] build perl5 with tcc?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:34:32 +0000

I built Perl 5 with tcc a while ago (read: it might no longer work;
unfortunately, I don't have time to test right now). IIRC it worked
okay, though it required some minor changes that are in the patch I've
attached. Sorry there's some other crud in it that you're not going to
need, and I hope the patch still applies to blead.

I used ./Configure -Uusedl -Dusedevel -Dcc='gdb --ex run --ex bt
--batch --args tcc' -Dld=ld -Ddynamic_ext=none
-Dccflags=-I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Dccdlflags=-fPIC -de && make -k && sudo make
-k install

though obviously you want to modify that if you don't need gdb backtraces :-)

Can you report back on whether that works for you? I'm hoping to get
back soon to something that requires a tcc-built perl5.