Re: [Tinycc-devel] #include_next troubles

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] #include_next troubles
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:30:25 +0300

Hi, -- gr
> Hm, could you describe what now the problem actually was, originally?

tcc -c aaa.c -I./lib -Ilib
This is a 1st problem of the original code: ./lib/ and lib/ path's was
considered as a different path's and we have the endless loop.

But correcting only this don't helped. Now there is no loops, but we
have some skipped declarations. This is because original code
inspected a full include stack and skip paths even when we cosiidered
to stop droping
Was:
   incl1  incl2  incl1       (list of -I options)
   incl1                         stack of the included files
            start  droping
Now:
  incl1  incl2   incl1
           start   use

> And what instead would be, in your opinion,  the correct behavior
> of #include_next in order to avoid that problem?

I don't found by Google any description about how #include_next must
behave. Only advise not to use it on stackoverflow. Last patch solved
a problem for coreutils, Behavior can be corrected if another problem
package will be found.