[Tinycc-devel] spurious warning from tcc

From: Aharon Robbins
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] spurious warning from tcc
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 06:23:24 +0200

Hi.

TCC doesn't quite understand where const should and should not go. I'm
getting this warning:

dfa.c:1795: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

This is best seen in the distributed gawk tarball:

        wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gawk/gawk-4.1.3.tar.gz
        tar -xpzvf gawk-4.1.3.tar.gz
        cd gawk-4.1.3
        ./configure CC=tcc && make 2>&1 | tee make.out

Please review the code at that point in dfa.c.

In the meantime, I've changed the code to accomodate, as have the
grep guys, but it's really a tcc bug.

Thanks,

Arnold