Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.

From: John B
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:29:16 +0000

Thanks.  I know it can seem that way but I guess it comes down to what I want to build and how the derivative will help.  It would almost reverse engineer half of the project through common sense if I released the source of this one library, otherwise I wouldn't really come out of the shadows and ask.  Releasing code and acknowledgements should be a personal choice not an enforced one.  Some proprietary software makes more sense than others to do this.  So another thing is about flexibility.  I just can't release derivative code.  LuaJit it is.  I will check back again now and then on the status of TinyCC; it has been a favorite of mine for a couple of years now.  And by favorite, I mean tinker around with it in my own lab, because it wasn't going anywhere else sadly.