Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 13:20:24 +0100

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 11:01:04AM +0000, John B wrote:
> Also I was hoping maybe a previous version of it that didn't include
> as many devs on-boarding from the 2013 version could be changed.  Thus
> nulling out the sign-off on devs that came afterwards.

My first contribution was merged in 2003 if you are looking for older
versions.

> Because bsd license I believe would be 100x healthier for the project.

It sounded like you wanted to keep it a secret in your product that is
would be based on TinyCC. That is in violation of the second clause of
the BSD license. The MIT license has a similar clause (actually it is
more similar to the first BSD clause but not restricted to source code).

> People would absolutely contribute back, but in a de-identified way.
> I Absolutely believe this.

So you would contribute back everything if it was BSD?

What do you mean by "de-identified"?

Best regards,

  Daniel