Re: [Tinycc-devel] Alternative tokens for C-application

From: Ben Bacarisse
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Alternative tokens for C-application
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 23:46:58 +0000

Michael Matz <address@hidden> writes:
<snip>
> Ben, have you finished the patch?  If so, please post here, have you
> measured compile time to be unaffected (would be bad if such a seldom
> used feature would cause a slowdown)?

I've not measure but I'd be surprised if there were much impact.
However it's not finished.  All I did was the input side: allowing the
new punctuators to be recognised for what they signify (which is
probably the part people who want them care about), but the output of
tcc -E shows the "canonical" symbols and they "stringify" as those as
well.

I'm not sure of the cost/benefit of finishing it off!

--
Ben.