Re: [Tinycc-devel] GAS symbols

From: Vladimir Vissoultchev
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] GAS symbols
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 00:25:05 +0200

Hi,

> You made it such that most cstr_cat calls (except two and those in
> i386-asm.c) are now followed by cstr_ccat(0).  Consider adding a
> cstr_catz() routine that does both.

It's not obvious that cstr_cat does *not* terminate the target buffer so I
stepped on this landmine and out of curiosity checked all the places it was
used. That's when I spotted someone missed it too (in cases that seem to be
left for debug purposes only).

Thought about implementing a benign null-temrination just ahead of last
character but the implementation would be ugly as it has to cstr_ccat(0) for
the auto-resize to kick in (if needed) and then unget the '\0'.

About the TOK_DOTS saga -- yes, the original code was using PEEKC
canonically, I'm not sure about the unget hack it implemented though. Will
have to write a testcase and fix it as currently it's not ok.

As I see it, will try to use github branches and diffs along with the commit
messages for list approval before pushing to mob.

Thanks for the feedback and your code-review!

cheers,
</wqw>