Re: [Tinycc-devel] GAS symbols

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] GAS symbols
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 19:58:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016, Vladimir Vissoultchev wrote:

Here is the fix that switches off '.' for identifiers when parsing #defines in .S files.

https://github.com/wqweto/tinycc/commit/2ec8d7068aeed7b83c9d4f30aa686586182b 1c34

This includes an originally failing test with your SRC(y...) macro for
regression testing.

I have reset your [2bf43b5] `reverse of the "Identifiers can start and/or
contain '.'"` commit in my [dev] branch to be able to go forward (need to be
able to parse '.' in asm labels).

Yeah, that looks like better progress than a simple revert. One concern: the tokenizer is already the slowest thing in tcc; if you can't measure a timing difference (say on the three-pass ONE_SOURCE tcc self-compile) it's fine, but if you can, one suggestion would be to actually have two idnum_table tables and switch those back and forth, instead of the flag and checking for the '.' case explicitely. (Probably there's not much difference, but I'd like to make sure)

Please push to mob either way after a measurement. (without win32/libtcc hunks, those would be a separate commit if necessary). (You have to explicitely revert seyko2s revert then)

Ciao,
Michael.