[Tinycc-devel] More details when using tcc_set_error_func

From: Richard Brett
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] More details when using tcc_set_error_func
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:51:21 +1200

Hello

If I use the function tcc_set_error_func() the function that gets called has a text string describing the error. Is there any standardisation of this message line - sometimes it seems to be <string>:19: xyz.... Othertimes it has more prefixes to the message. What I am really after is the line number likely to be generating the error message. I can extract from the string, but is there some other way - not all the error messages have line numbers, so reading the string isnt totally robust.

My environment is that I am using libtcc to compile inside another program, C is being used as an additional scripting language. Users write their "programs" inside an editor in the program directly. The only problem is if the entered program has an error of some kind, it is hard for me to direct the user to the area likely to be causing the issue. Ideally I want to take them back to the editor and highlight the line(s) in question.

I am happy to hunt around in the source, but as I'm new to tcc I want to check there isnt something obvious I dont know about.

Regards
rlb