Re: [Tinycc-devel] Implementing gcc intrinsics

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Implementing gcc intrinsics
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 17:40:56 +0300

> I hate code-bloat and can see the "scars" the mob branch has inflicted on
> the codebase. Now I consider some of my earlier commits to be mistakes
> (tcc's -dM option anyone?) but sometimes impl a new feature in 10 lines of
> code look very tempting.

It is OK with -dM. Nothing wrong or slowdown.

> Copy/pasting 150 lines from parse_line_comment/parse_comment
> I just don't understand.

A goal was: don't broke or slowdown a usual compilation. This is inpossible w/o
implementing comment printing by different subroutines. A code for skiping
comments is quite complex.

If you don't like this option then a code for this can be protected by
preprocessor
and the size of the executable will be reduced in the usual case.

PS: please help to fix a current version of the exsymtab. There are some changes
in the current tcc which breaks Symtab streaming (asm_label)

===================================
typedef struct InlineFunc {
    int *token_str;       // old

typedef struct InlineFunc {
    TokenString func_str; // new

int * stream;
curr_func->token_str = stream;    // old
curr_func->func_str.str = stream; // new, may be right

typedef struct Sym {
    int v;    /* symbol token */
    char *asm_label;    /* associated asm label */      // old
typedef struct Sym {
    int v;    /* symbol token */
    int asm_label;    /* associated asm label */        // new,, how
to fix streaming ?