Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocessor performance tuning

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocessor performance tuning
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 20:12:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016, Christian Jullien wrote:

I wonder if s.o ever tried to compile tcc with gcc and then use kcachegrind on some big project compiled with tcc to see what tcc areas can/must be optimized?

Yes, I did in the past. Not surprisingly it's malloc/free overhead and character processing (i.e. the preprocessor) that are the bottlenecks.

Ciao,
Michael.