[Tinycc-devel] precompiled headers

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] precompiled headers
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 11:13:02 +0300

Hi!
> David Mertens wrote:
> If there is an argument to be made for including exsymtab, it would probably
> be based on these results. It is plausible to use symbol table caching and
> serializing/deserializing to avoid loading and parsing standard header files.
> This could potentially reduce compilation times. If you (we?) could show
> measurable performance gains with such a modification, then it might get
> broader support for being included with tcc.

As I see this today. For example, I prefer to speed up tccboot kernel
compilation.
A current command to compile is like
  tcc -o vmlinux linux/kernel/init.c linux/arch/kernel/head.c ...

With -cheaders[=dDIR] option tcc will precompile headers in each *.c
before  the first C token is seen and create files
[DIR]linux/kernel/init.tch, [DIR]linux/arch/kernel/head.tch,...  or
use these files if they already present. I think this is better and
don't need a special tuning.