[Tinycc-devel] tcc bug: big exe in 1 step

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tcc bug: big exe in 1 step
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 15:24:59 +0300

Hi!
It looks like tcc have some bug when compiling a big exectutable in one step.
This is a tccboot kernel. When I added some additional files to
compile (PCI bus and ethernet)
then compiled kernel hags if compiled w/o specific option
-fnocode-if-false. This option is not needed for 2 steps (compile +
link) or 3 steps (preprocess + compile + link) builds.

-fnocode-if-false skips code generation for the BLOCK in
  if(0) {BLOCK}

This looks like a problem with tcc compiling a big code in one step.
This option was not needed with a smaller source base (before PCI
addition). What parms/limits can be changed to find a problem?
VSTACK_SIZE? What else?

May be there is limit on the resulting code? If we skip some code with
-fnocode-if-false then bug not exposed.

PS: There is no output from the kernel at all. VirtualBox window is
closed on start.