Re: [Tinycc-devel] Inserting spaces in output from -E

From: David Mertens
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Inserting spaces in output from -E
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 09:01:13 -0400

grischka,

wtf is this? Commit fe845cf is huge, and looks like it's messing with a lot. You may know what you're doing, but onlookers will observe your behavior and think, "Oh, it's OK if I push a huge, opinionated changeset to mob without discussion." I don't think this is the kind of culture you want to encourage around tcc development. In particular, you should have split these changes across multiple commits and put a little more explanation into what you're doing in the commit messages. You also should avoid removal of command-line options without discussion.

Just as a point of context, I am now maintaining the exsymtab work as a fork of the current mob, so any changes that are made have to be merged. In other words, I'm a downstream consumer of tcc. This morning I got a merge conflict with these define print functions that you removed. I sure am glad you happened to mention this work off-hand, or I would have had no idea why I had a conflict.

More conversation is better in this context.
David