Re: [Tinycc-devel] patches for discussion

From: David Mertens
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] patches for discussion
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 21:55:58 -0400

Here is my take on this:

__LLP64__ macro -> very short patch. I don't think there's any problem defining this. But then, to quote wikipedia's article on 64-bit_computing, "C code should prefer (u)intptr_t instead of long when casting pointers into integer objects." I would argue this should be added to mob.

short_call -> small patch, looks like it solves a good and important problem with return-value handling. I strongly believe this should be added to mob.

whole-archive -> this is not a small patch, and it adds functionality which I believe is not crucial to the purpose of tcc. In the interest of keeping tcc's codebase small, I would lean toward not adding it.

That said, I am certainly not a gate keeper. I would wait to hear from others before doing anything.

David