Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc compilation on MSYS2

From: avih
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc compilation on MSYS2
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 11:12:49 +0000 (UTC)

I'm not familiar with your setup, and the build changes at this branch were mostly targeted at out-of-tree builds+tests, and windows build (native or cross).

The docs dir indeed looks weird, and I noticed it too when I tried it now on Ubuntu 14.04 64. As far as I recall there was no such issue when I was actively working on this branch.

Also, as I've mentioned, I have not touched/tested this branch in the past few months, and recently I tested only on on windows and fixed one build issue few days ago.

Apparently there have been some build system changed between December and now, and they might conflict with the build changes at this branch, or maybe the branch never worked with your setup to begin with (though I think the docs dir issue is new).

If you know how to fix an issue at my branch, let me know or send a pull-request or open an issue at the github project, and I'll try to add it.

Thanks.

On Monday, May 16, 2016 1:31 PM, Sergey Korshunoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can try my branch: https://github.com/avih/tinycc/commits/drafts (note, I force-push and keep it rebased on top of mob).

First impression with this branch on Linux:
1)
fantoo tinycc # ./configure
Binary  directory  /usr/local/bin
TinyCC directory    /usr/local/lib/tcc
Library directory  /usr/local/lib
Include directory  /usr/local/include
Manual directory    /usr/local/share/man
Info directory      /usr/local/share/info
Doc directory      /usr/local/share/doc//usr/local/lib/tcc ??????????

2) there is no i386-tcc on i386 Linux even when "./configure --enable-cross"
But I need a i386-tcc to compile a tccboot kernel. Not a general tcc
wiich target is unknown.