[Tinycc-devel] undefined reference to tcc_relocate

From: Joel Bodenmann
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] undefined reference to tcc_relocate
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 23:21:18 +0200

Hey guys,

I checked out the latest commit on the mob branch in the git repository (10th July 2016) and used the win32/build-tcc.bat script to compile TCC on Windows 10 64-Bit which was successful. I am interested in using libtcc so I tried to compile the libtcc_test.c example using MinGW (GCC) as the file win32/tcc-win32.txt explains. However, when compiling I get the following error message:

$ gcc examples/libtcc_test.c -I libtcc libtcc.dll

/tmp/ccXsnxYD.o:libtcc_test.c:(.text+0x16b): undefined reference to `tcc_relocate'

/tmp/ccXsnxYD.o:libtcc_test.c:(.text+0x16b): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol `tcc_relocate'

I am a bit lost here. Is the implementation of tcc_relocate() somehow missing in the DLL or am I doing something else wrong? So far I haven’t done anything but following the documentation

I’d appreciate your help a lot!

I am using GCC 5.4.0, the one that comes with Cygwin (64-Bit).

Best regards,

~ Joel