Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86_64 maintainer, I remind you that long double is s

From: Edmund Grimley Evans
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86_64 maintainer, I remind you that long double is still not supported
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 09:06:29 +0100

Christian Jullien <address@hidden>:

> Part of 73_arm64 test (btw test name is odd), f11 and f21 work well while f31
> hangs because of:

> x86_64-gen.c :1359

> // This program is designed to test some arm64-specific things, such as the
> // calling convention, but should give the same results on any architecture.

How is the test name odd? Do you just mean it should be "aarch64"
instead of "arm64"?

The comment quoted there explains the purpose of the test. I'm glad it
has helped to reveal some bugs in the x86_64 back end. Perhaps if
someone were to create a new test NN_x86_64 that carefully exercises
all the interesting parts of the x86_64 back end and calling
convention then that test would reveal bugs in other back ends... The
things you remember to test do tend to be the things you didn't forget
to implement...

Edmund