Re: [Tinycc-devel] [FreeBSD support] __aligned(n) + __pure issues

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] [FreeBSD support] __aligned(n) + __pure issues
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 16:06:11 +0200

Christian Jullien wrote:
Ok,
The point is that it compiles ROOTB but then a single line program using only
ISO include and std C library fails because of __aligned in a **system** header.
I agree that __aligned is a probably a macro or a gcc FreeBSD specific
extension, but no one wants to change it source file (or Makefile) when he the
switch from gcc to tcc
To be more clear, let me start again from scratch (Don’t miss *Linux* in banner
with -v and -vv)

Please!  You were clear.  Anyway, maybe this helps:

http://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git/commitdiff/f3c1ea6c2d7dca7883985820e46ec536e2d7e8cc
It is expected that this could break system xyz whatever.

Some background research:

- obviously FreeBSD headers expect __GNUC__
  http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/jira/browse/PCC-18

- patch for sys/cdefs.h suggested by PCC
  http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/ftp/pub/patches/openbsd-include-sys-081220.diff

- __GNUC__ nowadays seems to mean the C dialect rather than the compiler
  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-07/msg00026.html

Not sure whether we really want to define __GNUC__.  This might
cause all kind of problems.  However if we don't then sys/cdefs.h does
    #define __attribute__(xyz)

-- gr