[Tinycc-devel] Status for 0.9.27

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Status for 0.9.27
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 17:44:00 +0100

Hi all,

tcc status has never been clear to me. I mean, we don’t really what has been tested or not.

For example, who knows the status of FreeBSD on Aarch64?

It is generally admitted that tcc ‘globally’ works well on Linux and Windows. If we go further and ask the same question with shared V.S. static it is less clear. Is Aarch64 really supported? How has it been tested…

Can we really say that tcc works on Apple as it cannot produce executables?

On the other hand we know that it does not fully work on *BSD (x86/x86_64)

IMHO we should have better status based on tests made.

I’m ready to run standard regression tests and validate static executables with my Lisp non-regression test on:

-          arm Linux

-          aarch64 Linux

-          x86 Windows

-          x86_64 Windows

We should have somewhere a spreadsheet with all features tcc supports we will fill for different OS/processor

Wdyt?