Re: [Tinycc-devel] Fw: Ready for Release 0.9.27

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Fw: Ready for Release 0.9.27
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 20:14:33 +0100

Vladimir Vissoultchev wrote:
Basicly yes, it's only useful for someone who does not have gcc installed on
Windows but is using MS toolchain.

Let me try something as a last resort. I want to enhanced current
build-tcc.bat with more parameters to

  1. be able to produce config.h (for pre-build step)
  2. compile libtcc1.a (for post-build step)
  3. copy ../include files into win32/include (for post-build step)

. . . and call it from the VS solution on build project.

What about supporting the ms compiler from the command line?

With the mscl.bat file below in tinycc/win32, I can run for example

        build-tcc.bat -c "call mscl.bat"

which creates a fully working compiler out of the box.

It just requires vcvarsall.bat to be reachable in the PATH.  If that
is not normally the case then people would need to run it from the
"compiler command prompt" shell (or whatever it's called).

What do you think?

-- gr

@rem -------------------- mscl.bat --------------------------
@echo off

if (%T%)==(32) call vcvarsall.bat x86
if (%T%)==(64) call vcvarsall.bat amd64

set CL_CMD=

:a0
if not (%1)==(-o) goto :a1
set CL_CMD=%CL_CMD% -Fe%2
shift
shift
goto :a0

:a1
if not (%1)==(-shared) goto :a2
set CL_CMD=%CL_CMD% -LD
shift
goto :a0

:a2
if not (%1)==(libtcc.dll) goto :a3
set CL_CMD=%CL_CMD% libtcc.lib
shift
goto :a0

:a3
if (%1)==() goto :a4
set CL_CMD=%CL_CMD% %1
shift
goto :a0

:a4
echo on
cl %CL_CMD% -O1 -Zi -GS- -MT -W2 -nologo -link -opt:ref,icf %LINK%