Re: [Tinycc-devel] VS2015 / was Ready for Release 0.9.27

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] VS2015 / was Ready for Release 0.9.27
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:20:06 +0100

Vladimir Vissoultchev wrote:
I have only this warning:

C>tiny_impdef libtcc.dll -o libtcc\libtcc.def
tiny_impdef: could not get exported function names.

You might get this if you use vcvars32.bat on x64 platforms because the .bat
file thinks that cl.exe will produce x64 executables, so compiled
tiny_impdef.exe expects x64 dlls.

Just pushed a fix for this: now checks %Platform% instead of
%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% when using cl.exe

Also, if target is forced (-t 32/64) the batch explicitly calls
vcvars32/64.bat to force correct cl.exe settings.

Isn't there a VCVARSALL.BAT somewhere that knows where the toolchains
are and is supposed to be used like: "VCVARSALL.BAT x86/amd64" ?

Btw. I think I'm going to remove the tiny_xxx tools for release and
instead plug them into the tcc executable, for usage such as

     tcc -ar ...
     tcc -impdef ...

One plus is that you get -m32/64 with it for free, too.

--- grischka

cheers,
</wqw>