Re: [Tinycc-devel] Add support for Unicode entries 'wmain' and 'wWinMain

From: avih
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Add support for Unicode entries 'wmain' and 'wWinMain' on Windows
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 07:23:20 +0000 (UTC)

This caused tests failures on windows (gcc, normal configure and make, the build succeeds) - missing symbol "main" when running libtcc test, and many later tests too which probably use libtcc in memory.

Attached are two orthogonal patches, i.e. the test failures happen with or without also building the unicode variants of the crt files, and the tests pass (with the tccpe.c fix) regardless if building with or without the unicode variants.

I'm not entirely sure the tccpe.c fix is correct, and also not sure whether the wrapper c file is an acceptable solution for re-compiling the same files with different defines and to different .o files. Please either someone pushes a better fix, or tell me how to improve the patches, or just tell me to push it as is.

Thanks.

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:35 PM, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:

YX Hao wrote:
> Dear grischka and group,
> Unicode entry support for windows platform is useful. Especially when
> developing programs which relays on the Unicode version APIs and takes
> Unicode arguments, it will help.
>
> Here is my patch for this feature. I have used it for about 1 year. It has
> followed the recent commits (7b99c3ac2c9c1761d68be1192f975a39199be28d).
>
> '-run' option is useable. And arguments converted.
>
> Since I'm not experienced as you guys. Please give me a review.

Looks good.  Please push.  I will adjust the Makefiles later.

Thanks,

--- grischka