[Tinycc-devel] Cross-compiling from Windows 64-bit to 32-bit target with

From: Allong
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Cross-compiling from Windows 64-bit to 32-bit target with Mem Relocate?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:31:34 +1100

I have just been compiling tinycc on Windows 64-bit with the intention of producing byte-sequences of 32-bit code. Thus far, general cross compiling is working fine with the correct target defines.

However I then realised, the resulting DLL doesn't contain an exported "tcc_relocate" due to TCC_IS_NATIVE not being defined. Rightfully so, because of different bitness. Except that to capture a coherent stream of bytes, I do need to use tcc_relocate while also cross compiling.

I was wondering how much effort it would require, to provide a basic method of cross compiling from 64 bit to 32 bit and then relocating the resultant memory, without writing it to a PE file beforehand?

Thank you for your time