Re: [Tinycc-devel] What is the exact Darwin port status? (i.e. macOS)

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] What is the exact Darwin port status? (i.e. macOS)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 15:19:23 +0100

Ok, but help me to better understand the purpose of a tcc build on Darwin.

* Currently, "./configure; make" produces on Sierra (Darwin) a tcc
executable (so far so good).
* This tcc version runs on Darwin (as tcc- vv), so to me it is a Sierra
compatible binary. I don't understand quite well why it should display Linux
but let say it's Ok.
* Now, what am I supposed to do with it? It is for example unable to compile
"Hello World"

byas:tinycc jullien$ cat foo.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
  printf("Hello World\n");
}

Compile only wit -c

byas:tinycc jullien$ ./tcc -c foo.c
In file included from foo.c:1:
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:64:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:81: warning: #warning "Unsupported compiler
detected"

Trying to produce an executable

byas:tinycc jullien$ ./tcc foo.c
/usr/lib/crt1.o: error: unrecognized file type
tcc: error: file 'crt1.o' not found
tcc: error: file 'crti.o' not found
In file included from foo.c:1:
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:64:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:81: warning: #warning "Unsupported compiler
detected"
tcc: error: library 'c' not found
tcc: error: file '/usr/local/lib/tcc/libtcc1.a' not found
tcc: error: file 'crtn.o' not found
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'printf'