Re: [Tinycc-devel] Add support of musl-libc to tinycc

From: avih
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Add support of musl-libc to tinycc
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:12:09 +0000 (UTC)

Because you asked so nice, here's a less than 5 minutes guide to get enough
musl for tcc on Alpine linux, and without any permanent storage:

- Download the "VANILLA" iso (80M) from https://alpinelinux.org/downloads/
- Boot as live cd in a [V]M with network. No HDD required, 512M ram is enough*

- Login as root (no password)
- "echo \n\n\n | setup-interfaces" (or do manual setup)
- "ifup eth0"
- "echo 1 | setup-apkrepos" (or run it directly and choose manually)
- "apk add build-base git" to get some build deps (but not for the docs)

That's enough to clone the tinycc repo, build it and run the tests, but that's
without the doc tools.

[*] 256M is probably enough if you don't install git, and you might need more
if you add more tools like openssh or vim, or xfce4 etc ;)

Of course, if instead of using it as live cd you to install it someplace
then 256M should be enough for quite a lot.

On Monday, April 24, 2017 4:21 PM, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:

Marc Vertes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just committed the patch to support musl-libc in the tcc compiler development branch: http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git
>
> I tested the patch on alpine-linux x86_64. Beside disabled bound checking, everything works so far, except the dlltest target test, meaning that tcc can not yet bootstrap itself using shared library.
>
> I think that tcc is a perfect match for musl and simple small and fast platforms like alpine-linux.
>
> Dear tinycc developers, let me know if this feature can be added to the upcoming 0.9.27 version,

All commits on mob will be part of the upcoming soon 0.9.27 release (unless
reverted until then)

> and also how to fix the DLL bootstrap problem.

For those who don't have a musl, you might describe what the problem is.

Thanks,

-- gr