Re: [Tinycc-devel] plans to 0.9.27

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] plans to 0.9.27
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 18:20:01 +0200

grischka wrote:
avih wrote:
Two things:
1. Will the version be 0.9.27 or 0.9.28?

0.9.27.

2. On windows in msys2 mingw 64 environment with gcc 7.2.0, (building tcc 64 for windows with mingw gcc 64) the build completes but some tests fail (see below).

Now, I fixed that, plus the ARM signed char test, plus some other
stuff.

Also, I removed the win32/Makefile (thanks to Christian's OK),
and the VIP patch (it is just not how it should work), and the
-iwithprefix option (what was the point without -iprefix).

Moreover, there is
* a patch to tccelf.c to avoid DT_TEXTREL unless really required
* a nifty one in tccasm.c to avoid the 'p3' forward label from
  alloca86_64.S being put into dynsym with a relocation (huh?)
* and the (sig)set variable in tcctest.c was made static to
  avoid some issue with inline asm that I didn't try to fix
* no diff -I option anymore to make tests work with busybox
* a patch to tccrun.c for better selinux support.

With these changes, tcc now seems to build and pass all tests
cleanly on Alpine musl x86_64 standard-grsec and vanilla too,
configured with
   ./configure --config-musl --with-selinux
optionally also with
   --disable-static and/or --cc=tcc (once it was installed)

Patch is here:
http://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git/commitdiff/da8c62f75d893449e232944fc62566c020b4d010

You might realize that I bumped the 'master' branch too, which
is meant to mean:
    "This could be what we could release as 0,9,27, soon"

Say next week or so, last-minute-fixes/features notwithstanding.

Thanks,

-- gr