Re: [Tinycc-devel] debug info broken

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] debug info broken
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 17:35:34 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017, grischka wrote:

Ok, I was able to reproduce the original problem on an suse 10.2 from 2007.

He :)

It is that in debug mode, tcc includes all sections in the image,
that is also reloc sections that already have been applied.

Hah, finally a reason to fix this long standing issue. I never came around doing anything about this as I thought it didn't matter in the end except for filesize, now there's a case where it does matter; super :)

Which is what gcc seems to do too.

Everything works like that (well, except tcc :) ), relocations that are applied must not be emitted into the output file.

Ciao,
Michael.