Re: [Tinycc-devel] S-Lang tinycc module.

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] S-Lang tinycc module.
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 20:58:21 +0100

Agathoklis D.E Chatzimanikas wrote:
Hi,

I created a tinycc binding for the S-Lang programming language,

https://github.com/agathoklisx/slang-devel/tree/master/slang-modules/tcc

and while I was trying to create an executable, I had to use:

  tcc_set_options (tcc_handler, "-xn");

which sets tcc_handler->filetype to AFF_TYPE_NONE,
otherwise (the path) elf_output_file() -> tcc_add_runtime()
tries to compile /usr/local/lib/tcc/libtcc1.a when it calls

  tcc_add_support(s1, TCC_LIBTCC1);

I was wondering if there is a better librar"iezed" way.

I guess that is a bug in tcc.

tcc_add_file() probably should preserve (save/restore) the original
value of s->filetype.

Also, tcc_add_runtime() probably should reset s->filetype to
AFF_TYPE_NONE at entry.

I admit that the filetype stuff isn't really clean but maybe with
these adjustments it could work.  If you can fix it on the mob branch,
welcome.

Thanks,

-- grischka

Best
  Αγαθοκλής

p.s.,
(note that my C Fu is at a novice level, so be kind for any error :))