Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few items about windows ce for discussion

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few items about windows ce for discussion
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 14:26:50 +0200

Jason Miller wrote:
Hello,

Recently came across this project and became an instant fan, so begin with many thanks to you!

Saw Windows CE was added over the past five years and decided to extend the support to older ARM-based devices. Wanted to discuss mainlining the changes required to successfully support them.

   1. Want to add Wl,-subsysver=2.11 for example.

Well, I'd suggest -Wl,-pesubsysver=... (with "pe")

However in order to avoid complexity you could as well hard-code some
version as you see fit (preferably with some comment):

    #ifdef ARM
        /* needed to make it work on system/device XYZ: */
    #else

   2. Want to align the import and export function names in tccpe.c at
      runtime decision based upon linking a windows ce PE for ARM when
      version is < 4.0.

Again I doubt that 4.0 is (or was) a WinCE version that tcc (rsp.
the author(s) of the PE-WinCE port) wanted to support explicitly.
(see for example http://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git/commitdiff/b7d7af4fa20f)

Also chances are that the only one person actually using tcc for WinCE
since quite some time is ... you.

Therefor a compile-time "#ifdef TCC_TARGET_ARM" might do as well for
now.  You can still add commandline options later if really needed.

Please let me know any feedback about changing things or issuing a pull request.

Simply push: http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git

(Descriptive commit messages what which does on what system are always
welcome of course ;)

Thanks,

-- grischka

Best Regards,