[Tinycc-devel] Building GTK3 with tcc

From: Andrey Gursky
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Building GTK3 with tcc
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 18:41:54 +0200

Hi,

while building GTK3 I've stumbled over a tiny issue with --export-dynamic. Proposed patch is here [1]. (Sure, in long term it would be great to get also a patch upstream to utilize the libtool improvement for tcc [2]. But for the upcoming GTK4 one need to patch meson anyway.)

There is another issue. tcc doesn't understand gcc's '-C' argument. It is needed to generate gobject introspection data. Would you like to add it?

And another one in gtk/gtkpapersize.c

const gchar *
gtk_paper_size_get_default (void)
{
  char *locale, *freeme = NULL;
  const char *paper_size;

#if defined(HAVE__NL_PAPER_HEIGHT) && defined(HAVE__NL_PAPER_WIDTH)
  {
int width = NL_PAPER_GET (_NL_PAPER_WIDTH); // <-------------------
    int height = NL_PAPER_GET (_NL_PAPER_HEIGHT); //

    if (width == 210 && height == 297)
      return GTK_PAPER_NAME_A4;

    if (width == 216 && height == 279)
      return GTK_PAPER_NAME_LETTER;
  }
#endif

--------------------> error: lvalue expected

Regarding performance. Configured with CFLAGS='-g' make finishes in aboud 11 minutes, while gcc does it in about 15 min 43 sec. Shouldn't tcc be at least an order of magnitude faster or I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Andrey

[1] http://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git/commit/91bdb5a4a32d8b2c994ebaeaa330807e72693d4b [2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2014-07/msg00001.html