[Tinycc-devel] SQLite miscompiles on Windows 32-bit

From: Jonathan Newman
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] SQLite miscompiles on Windows 32-bit
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 03:27:35 +0000

Hello everyone,
I reported this a few months ago, but since there has been recent activity and I've now prepared a test setup, I thought it would be worth checking to see if anyone can investigate again.

Using the latest mob revision:

* Single-threaded (SQLITE_THREADSAFE=0) 64-bit builds of SQLite work OK
* Multi-threaded 64-bit builds fail with undefined symbol '__faststorefence'
* Any 32-bit build succeeds, but the result segfaults.

I've prepared a test setup including a Powershell script (test.ps1) that simply builds and runs each possible configuration:

https://nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/ab1/sqlite_test.zip

(External link instead of attachment, since it's ~2MB)

sqlite3.c has been slightly modified from the official release to avoid the need to juggle different Windows headers around- an unmodified file demonstrates exactly the same behaviour.

Many thanks to anyone who can track it down...