Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC-0.9.27 Static linking with uClibc-0.9.30 workabou

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC-0.9.27 Static linking with uClibc-0.9.30 workabout
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 20:40:54 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019, Kurt Nalty wrote:

For the specific environment of uClibc-0.9.30, to enable static linking, I reverted the ELF_START_ADDR to 0x08048000 and ELF_PAGE_SIZE to 0x1000, as was done in TCC-0.9.26, and found success. However, this fix does not work for the musl libraries, and is contrary to the preferred x86_64 start address, so I don't recommend this change, merely report its success for one specific environment.

This must be only a side effect, neither the start address nor the page size should influence the functioning of the result, except if they expose any existing bugs in uClibc. You'll have to dig a bit to learn what the real cause of the segfaults with uClibc are. (It's an interesting data point, though)

Ciao,
Michael.