Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC for bootstrapping (with patches)

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC for bootstrapping (with patches)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:37:43 +0100

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 05:02:38PM +0100, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> 2) I patched TinyCC so that it can be built by a compiler that does not
> support floating point numbers (as is the case for the C compiler in
> asmc that builds TinyCC). Basically I import in the TinyCC repository
> the code from the Berkeley SoftFloat library[3] and replace each
> operation between floating point numbers with the corresponding call to
> SoftFloati.

I really like the idea of using a library to perform floating point
operations and I also like that you made it optional.

But it looks like you made the assumption that long double is an
80 bit floating point type. This is only true for x86-32. You have
to look at the LDOUBLE_SIZE macro to determine which of float64_t,
extFloat80_t, and float128_t to use (For x86-32 it is 12 instead of
10 because of padding).

Best regards,

  Daniel