Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc coding style question

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc coding style question
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 00:43:07 +0100

Christian Jullien wrote in <address@hidden>:
 |Hum! Unrelated question, I'm a big fan of Doxyen which I use on all \
 |projects

Once i came to Linux there was a library around ~Y2K of Doug (?)
Souter, or Sauter, or unfortunately i have forgotten his name.  It
was a C++ library but some internal things were done in C.
I think it was about mail, but that i have forgotten.  What
i still remember is his homegrown documentation system, and i can
make appear his string class.  It seemed to have nice properties
like

  insert(char);
  insert(char *);
  insert(string &);
  insert_at(char);
  //SOMEMARKER This now is a \TeX syntax commentary for {\em the
  // entire group} of the above.  Which is kept together in order.

As it was TeX, it looked great.  Over the last years i sometimes
tried, but could not find it.  And i have given away all my old
distribution CDs a few years back.
It is good that doxygen exists.  Yeah, but whereas it has improved
very very much, it is still terrible, imho. ^.^  Maybe i should
simply report some of the issues i see.

--steffen