[Tinycc-devel] unbounded recursion and crash on invalid nested union dec

From: Pascal Cuoq
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] unbounded recursion and crash on invalid nested union declaration
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 12:39:11 +0000

Hello,

On the following (invalid) C program, tcc goes into an unbounded recursion, and crashes when it exhausts the space allowed for the stack. I tried to make a valid C program with the same property, which would be a more interesting bug report, but I couldn't find one.

Pascal
________
$ cat cr.i
union u {
  union u { };
};
$ gcc -c cr.i
cr.i:2:9: error: nested redefinition of 'union u'
   union u { };
         ^
cr.i:2:14: warning: declaration does not declare anything
   union u { };
              ^
$ clang -c cr.i
cr.i:2:9: error: nested redefinition of 'u'
  union u { };
        ^
cr.i:1:7: note: previous definition is here
union u {
      ^
1 error generated.
$ ./tcc -c cr.i