Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc_relocate is missing in libtcc.dll

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc_relocate is missing in libtcc.dll
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 00:23:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 10 May 2019, Antoni Nowinowski wrote:

I'm working on small jit project that's already worked with precompiled tcc
downloaded from bellard.org/tcc/. To be more "professional" I compiled tcc
from source as described in tcc-win32.txt . Resulting libtcc.dll wasn't
exporting tcc_relocate (I used both gcc and msvc in both mob and master
branches).

I can't say much about this as I'm not using Windows, but AFAICS tcc_relocate isn't defined or declared different from (say) tcc_compile_string or tcc_add_file, which I assume you're using as well. So I would be surprised if one is exported but the other isn't. Are you 100% sure the problem is libtcc.dll not exporting a function, and not something like a missing declaration or the like?

To my suprise libtcc.dll compiled by tcc contained the missing
function but it was crashing jit project executable compiled with
appropriate lib file. Is this expected behaviour?

No.

If yes, how to achieve effect similar to libtcc_test.c? Finally, why libtcc_test.c is gone? Thank you for your patience.

libtcc_test.c is there just fine:

% ls -l tests/libtcc_test.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 matz users 2273 Mär 18 04:20 tests/libtcc_test.c

Ciao,
Michael.