Re: [Tinycc-devel] How do I disable all runtime error checks in TCC?

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] How do I disable all runtime error checks in TCC?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 03:43:35 +0200

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 03:50:06PM -0700, Ben Hutchinson wrote:
> I would like to make it so it doesn't insert ANY error checking code such
> as stack checks, etc, into my program's code. You can tell if it is doing a
> stack check because if you use -nostdlib, you can compile some very simple
> programs, but if you try more complex programs it will give you the error:
> tcc: error: undefined symbol '__chkstk'

__chkstk is not for error checking. __chkstk is needed on Windows when
the stack frame of a function exceeds 4 kB, because Windows allows the
stack to grow only one page at a time. So __chkstk just touches all
stack pages needed by the function in the correct order.

If you are confident that you don't need __chkstk, you can provide your
own dummy implementation.

Best regards

  Daniel