Re: [Tinycc-devel] Two compilers at once

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Two compilers at once
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 06:24:52 +0200

Hi,

Because Karl uses C++11, it may be theoretically possible for him to load two different tcc instances having different C++ namespaces and compiled in two distinct translation units.

tcc1.cpp:

namespace tcc1 {

#include "libtcc.h"

};

Tcc2.cpp:

namespace tcc2 {

#include "libtcc.h"

};

int main() {

  tcc1::TCCState* a = nullptr;

  char (*A)(int) = nullptr;

  assert((a = tcc1::tcc_new()) != nullptr);

  tcc2::TCCState* b = tcc2::tcc_new();  // remove this line to make the program work

//

}

But it may not be so simple. For some projects it worked flawlessly and failed for some others.

C.