Re: [Tinycc-devel] ANSI C refers to which standard , C89 or C99?

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] ANSI C refers to which standard , C89 or C99?
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 15:25:10 +0200

Paul,

I agree with you that it’s not clear. What I’ve learnt all these years is:

-          Tcc supports as much as it can C99

-          It supports “some” C11 feature by default or using –std=c11 if there is possible name collision with C99

-          Tcc internal source code should not use C11 feature to allow boostrap form an older C standard.

For short, except what is missing (and what is missing is not documented), tcc is C99. From C99 if lacks for example complex numbers.

While I really love tcc which is now the main compiler I use to develop and test my different C projects, I wish it becomes more strict about its conforming implementation (by mean of –std=c99, -std=c11, …)

That said, I leave perfectly wo it :o))

C.