Re: [Tinycc-devel] match formats and arguments exactly

From: Pascal Cuoq
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] match formats and arguments exactly
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 15:08:51 +0000

On 21 Jun 2019, at 16:54, ian <address@hidden> wrote:

Anyway, I don't think it's desirable that kinds of pointers are checked.

Should I emphasize that I am not offering to implement a warning in TCC? If you think that GCC should not emit the warning shown by Christian, you can either not enable this GCC warning when you use GCC, or file a bug with GCC developers so that they won't warn for this  construct with -Wall, or not use GCC. But this GCC warning entered the discussion only because Christian replied without reading the patch, and it has nothing to do with the patch I sent.

Again: I do not want to warn about wrong printf arguments. I am not adding a warning about wrong printf arguments to TCC.

I hope this clears things up.

Pascal