[Tinycc-devel] bounds checking with tcc

From: Herman ten Brugge
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] bounds checking with tcc
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 07:55:43 +0100

I tried bound checking with tcc and found some problems. (See attached patch).

First the bounds checking code is included in shared objects and in the application.
This means that for example malloc and friends are redirected twice.
I fixed this in tccelf.c

Second problem is that only arrays are checked.
But there are a lot of other objects like structs with arrays or variables with address taken that should also work.
Fixed this in tccgen.c

The last one is some problems with code generation on x86_64.
The difficult one was the VT_LLOCAL code.
Fixed in x86_64-gen.c

I will stop now because bounds checking looks not to work for complex applications.

Perhaps we could add the above code to git? The first and last one are fixing problems. For the last problem I have a testcase that reproduces the VT_LLOCAL problem.

Regards,

    Herman